I love Indian style green beans. So simple yet so amazing to me. This recipe is similar to another green bean recipe I posted long back, but using amchur gives this dish a completely different flavor profile!
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 1/2 to 2 pounds green beans cut into itty bitty pieces
1 little potato cut into little chunks
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon amchur powder (dried mango powder)
1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
6-7 curry leaves
Pinch hing (asafoetida)
- Heat the coconut oil in a medium stock pan (I use a 6 quart so there is room to stir them around some without them flying out everywhere).
- Add green beans and potatoes and cook on high heat to get them started.
- Reduce heat to medium low and cover, stirring occasionally, until they start to get pretty tender.
- Add the salt, tumeric, chili powder, amchur power, and cook for a few more minutes.
- In a tadka or other small pan, heat the rest of the coconut oil and add the mustard seeds until they start to pop, then add the curry leaves until they crisp up a little, then add the hing.
- Throw into the green beans, stir and cook until green beans are very tender.