So I think I caught my husband’s cold. I’m home today sleeping and laying around. With a cold, I’m always starving, with a flu not so much. Maybe that is why they say to starve a fever and stuff a cold. Anyways, the good thing is that I made up some bottle gourd on Sunday because the squash was getting brown and you know how I hate throwing out vegetables. Neither of us was feeling it though so into the fridge it went. So for lunch I’m having it with some leftover dal, yogurt, roti and papad. Mmm.
1 tablespoon oil
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 onion diced
2 roma or other small tomatoes diced
1 teaspoon tumeric
2 teaspoons coriander powder
2 teaspoons garam masala
2 bottle gourds peeled and diced
1 teaspoon sugar
Squeeze of lime
- Heat oil and add cumin seeds until browned.
- Add onions and saute until soft.
- Add tomato, tumeric, corriander, and garam masala and cook until everthing is all mushy.
- Add bottle gourd and salt and cook down until it is very soft.
- Add sugar if it needs a little sweetness.
- Add a sqeeze of lime.