The cool thing about this strawberry and kale salad is that it doesn’t get soggy so you can have leftovers the next day! This made about 3 medium sized salads.
Sesame Balsamic Dressing
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon sesame oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
Salt and fresh ground pepper
Strawberry & Kale Salad
5 ounces kale ripped into little pieces (I used Tuscan Kale)
1/4 onion thinly sliced
1/3 cup sliced almonds
1/2 pound fresh strawberries cut into 4ths
- Mix together the dressing (I used a mason jar and shook it)
- Rub the dressing into the kale and let sit while you prepare the other ingredients. This will help the leaves soften up a bit.
- If the onions are spicy, put them in cold water while you finish the other steps them drain. This will lessen the bite.
- Toast the slice almonds being careful not to burn. I usually set a timer to peep after every minute to remind me to stir. This trick has totally saved so many nuts!
- Throw the onions, almonds and strawberries into the kale and toss.