Here is a simple potato dish that goes great with roti and yogurt.
2 teaspoons oil
1 teaspoon chana dal
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
2 green chilis chopped
5-6 curry leaves
1 teaspoon turmeric
5 baby potatoes peeled and chopped
- Heat oil in a medium skillet and add channa dal and cook until it starts to get golden.
- Add mustard seeds and chilis and cook until the mustard seeds start to pop.
- Add curry leaves.
- Then add the potatoes, turmeric, a little water, and salt, and stir.
- Cover and cook over medium low heat until the potatoes become tender.
- Add a little more water and mash some of the potatoes with a masher.
- Cook until the mashed potatoes are smooth adding more water and salt if necessary.
- Serve with roti and yogurt.