Yesterday, my husband, Tejas, and I went on a couples meetup to the The Grilled Cheese Invitational. So much fun! But afterwards, we needed something light for dinner. So I made up some of Tejas’s recipe for aloo mutter.
1 tablespoon oil
1 teaspoon cumin
1 onion chopped
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
2 teaspoons coriander ground
1/2 teaspoon amchur powder (optional)
~2 cups tomatoes (I used 2 fresh chopped tomatoes + 1 1/2 cups canned)
3/4 cup frozen peas
3-4 small potatoes cut into chunks
1-2 tablespoons sour cream
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan and add cumin.
- Once the cumin toasts a little, add the onions and cook until they are a little translucent and brown.
- Add the spices and then the tomatoes and cook for a minute or so.
- Add the peas, potatoes, salt, and a little water.
- Cook over medium low heat with the lid on until the potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally, and adding water if necessary.
- Stir in the sour cream and serve.
I had to include a grilled cheese pic. This one was from Granville Cafe and it was delicious!