3 tablespoons oil
2 pieces cinnamon bark
10 curry leaves
4 onions sliced
2 green chilis chopped
7 tomatoes cut into wedges
2 teaspoon ginger paste
2 Trader Joe’s frozen garlic cubes
2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
1/2 teaspoon garam masala
6 tablespoons desicatted coconut
6 tablespoons thick coconut milk
1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- Heat oil in a medium stock and cook cloves, cardamom, cinnamon until fragrant.
- Add curry leaves and cook for another minute.
- Add onions and cook until brown and translucent, adding the green chilis part way through cooking.
- Add tomatoes, ginger paste, garlic, turmeric, coriander, cumin powder, and garam masala.
- In another medium skillet toast the cashews and coconut until lightly brown. Grind in a coffee grinder.
- Add cashew and coconut, coconut milk, water and salt.
- Heat for 20-30 minutes, then add in cilantro.
- Serve with biryani and onion raita.