We have two waffle makers, a regular and a Belgian, but guess how many times we’ve used one? Twice, once each!
So it is time to start upping our waffle consumption. This recipe for sour cream waffles comes from 101 Cookbooks and is quite delicious, a bit crisp on the outside, soft on the inside. I added some yummy browned butter strawberry and banana topping and a dollop of sour cream instead of syrup.
Next I want to tackle these yeast waffles.
By the way, the best waffles I have ever had are at the Bangkok airport. So chewy and rich!
Makes 4 full waffles.
Browned Butter Strawberries & Bananas
2 tablespoon butter
~2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
2 bananas sliced
- Heat butter in a skillet and stir until it gets nice and brown, but not burnt.
- Add the strawberries, bananas and brown sugar to taste and cook until the fruit starts to just soften.
Sour Cream Waffles
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter melted
1 cup milk
1/2 cup sour cream
3 large eggs
- Heat up a Belgian waffle maker.
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Whisk butter, milk, sour cream and eggs together in a bowl.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet until just mixed.
- Spoon 1/4 of the batter into the waffle iron and cook for about 4 minutes. Repeat for the remaining batter.
- Top the waffles with the browned butter strawberries and bananas and a dollop of sour cream!