My mom’s recipe for spinach and cheese casserole is super easy to make and incredible! It is perfect for potlucks because it tastes great hot out of the oven, at room temperature, and even cold.
I used this big round pie pan, but it was hard to cut into enough pieces. A 9 x 11 works well for smaller pieces.
2 packages frozen spinach
1 pint container cottage cheese
4 tablespoons butter
1 package Cracker Barrel Extra Sharp cheddar cheese shredded
A little salt & fresh ground pepper
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Thaw the spinach, then really squeeze out the excess water.
- Mix everything together, but only add half the cheddar cheese.
- Spread into a casserole dish.
- Top with the rest of the cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 40-55 minutes depending on the size of your dish and the thickness of the casserole. To prevent burning the cheese, cover with foil for the first 15-20 minutes.