This is a great way to make vegetable stock, especially when you’re in a rush! I needed stock fast one night and found this great post.
1-2 tablespoons oil (optional)
2 onions sliced
2 carrots chopped
2 celery sticks chopped
Other vegetables on hand (I used asparagus and cabbage, but you could also use tomatoes, bell pepper, etc.)
1/2 teaspoon peppercorns
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker on high and throw in the onions.
- Once the onions start to brown after a few minutes add in the other veggies.
- Add water about 3/4 of the way up the pressure cooker and close.
- Heat on high until the first whistle, then lower to medium and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Let the pressure exit the cooker naturally and strain out the vegetables.
- If you are not using the stock right away, pour into ice cube trays, freeze, and then store the stock cubes in a ziplock bag.